- Increasing Your Company’s Value
- Why Companies Fail
- Building Your Backlog
- 7th Annual Wine Tasting, Networking & Awards Event
- Benefits, Risks and Emerging Law on the use of Drones/UAVs in Construction
- The Next Generation
- Mechanic’s Lien
- 2015 Construction Accounting Seminar
- Financial Keys
- Optimizing the Flow of Receivables
- 2015 Economic Outlook
- 4TH ANNUAL OKTOBERFEST
- CFO Roundtable
- Building Green June 17th
- Technology in the Construction Field
- WMDVBE – Business Diversity
- 2014 Beer Festival
- Top Talent: Find Grow and Keep
- Future of San Jose Growth
- 6th Annual Wine Tasting, Networking & Awards Event
- Lien Law
- Show Me the Money!
- Optimizing Equipment and Fleet Management-
- Past, Present and Future
- Project Labor Agreements
The Silicon Valley Chapter presents:
BUILDING YOUR BACKLOG
. . . Regardless of Market Conditions
Cynthia C. Paul
Managing Director, FMI Corporation
Knowing how to build and manage your firm’s backlog is crucial. With a new business landscape clearly in view, it’s time to tune up your firm’s “get work” abilities. You will learn a dozen keys for building your backlog, finding and keeping the right long-term customers and winning the most interesting and profitable work for your firm. You will learn how to:
- Motivate your people to put “feet on the street”.
- Get your strategy straight—know how you are going to get results.
- Define the right customers for your firm
- Build customer-focused skills among your operations team.
- Find the “White Space” where your firm offers a distinct advantage over competitors.
- Think campaign: a sustained business development effort has more impact than one big event.
- Find small improvements that will be easy to implement and maintain.
Cynthia Paul is FMI’s practice leader for business development. She works with industry firms to position them to capture market share and grow profitably, helps contractors stand out from the competition by discovering their differentiated platform and works in tandem with project teams to create the win strategy and delivers key projects.
Cynthia holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration, with minor in economics, from Fort Lewis College. She earned her master of business administration degree in finance and marketing from the University of Denver.
January 14, 2015 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
(Full breakfast or fruit plate are included)
Holiday Inn (408) 453-6200
1350 N. First St., San Jose
CFMA Members: $45