- Got Tech?
- Time Management & Personal Productivity
- How to Avoid Litigation over Technical Violations of the Labor Code
- Are You Making All the Money You Want?
- Graduate from Project Manager to Business Manager
- Labor Law 2017
- Anticipating the Next Construction Downturn
- 9th Annual Wine Tasting, Networking, and Awards
- Enterprise Risk Management David Druml
- Silicon Valley Economic Update
- Quit Losing Money Over Poor Communication
- 5TH ANNUAL OKTOBEERFEST
- Hiring and Retention
- Key Performance Indicators
The Silicon Valley Chapter presents:
Hiring and Retention of Your Most Important Asset
Jake Appelman, Professional Executive Coach,
FMI’s Center for Strategic Leadership
Overview: Hiring and Retaining the Right People
The goal of most organizations is to have a robust workforce that supports the right people in the right positions and a set of systems and culture that keeps them excited to be there. However, the current reality for the construction industry is that there is not only an insufficient quantity of craft workers, supervisors, managers and staff for available positions, but also that the industry may not be appealing enough to attract and retain the younger Millennials or the upcoming Generation Z.
- Explore what recruiting strategies and assessments may improve your chances of initially getting the right people to your front door
- Understand what primary elements to watch for during the recruiting process to hire quality employees
- Identify the leadership styles that motivate people and create a productive environment
- Discover the common mistakes that companies may make when addressing poor employee retention
August 17, 2016 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
(Full breakfast or fruit plate are included)
Holiday Inn (408) 453-6200
1350 N. First St., San Jose
CFMA Members: $45
At the Door: $75